May 19, 2019
The Adoption Center Care Coordinator shall receive hourly compensation with holiday, vacation and sick benefits.
The Bunny Store/Shelter Coordinator shall receive hourly compensation with sick, vacation, holiday and health benefits.
Days of duty: Thursday - Monday (or upon agreement with the Executive Director or Team Leader).
Hours: 10:00am-6:00pm (or upon agreement with the Executive Director and Team Leader).
40 hours per week (or upon agreement with the Executive Director and Team Leader).
Primary role is to help maintains operations of Bunny Store and Adoption Center including staffing with volunteers.
Bunny Store Duties
• Aid in ordering all supplies and premiums (calendars, cards, jewelry, etc.) to be sold and make arrangements for pickup and delivery of all supplies to be sold at store.
• Aid in scheduling and overseeing volunteers using provided volunteer logistics software to staff Store when it is open to the public and for special events. Positions may include groomer, cashier, and customer service assistant/stocker.
• Keep Store, stock room, break room, and bathrooms clean and tidy. Ensure all store items have proper price tags. Coordinating volunteers to assist in these areas is recommended. Assist Adoption Center Care Coordinator in keeping other areas of the Center clean and tidy.
• Aid in coordinating with Hay Packers Team Leaders to keep Bunny Store stocked with hay.
• Manage item list in POS and QB inventory system by inputting new inventory and reconciling.
• Compassion: rabbits often get stressed out in unfamiliar situations, and groomers need to understand this and treat them accordingly.
• Customer-Service: Groomers work with customers directly, and must be friendly and listen to their requests and needs.
• Promote SDHRS on Social Media and aid in the email weekly updates.
• Consult with Team Leader or Manager on questions of ordering stock and pricing.
• Conduct cash out of till and prepare cash & checks for deposits.
• Be prepared to perform any of the three positions (groomer, cashier, stocker/service assistant) if there are no volunteers to perform such duties.
• Assist Executive Director with special projects as needed.
Adoption Center/Rabbit Care
• As needed, maintain the Adoption Center as a whole, keeping the Adoption Center in a clean and sanitary condition.
• As needed, provide careful, ongoing observation of rabbits throughout the Adoption Center to see that the rabbits are safe, healthy, clean, and comfortable. Promptly notify Executive Director if any rabbit shows signs of stress, injury, or illness through health checks.
• As needed, work cooperatively with Managers and volunteers as a team to ensure that all rabbits receive proper care, strive to improve the quality of life for rabbits in our care.
• Exhibit a humane and caring attitude at all times towards the rabbits in our care.
• Use a humane and safe approach in all handling and restraint of rabbits, striving to maintain safety and security for the rabbits, staff, volunteers, and the public.
• Answer the phone and distribute messages to the appropriate people to respond.
• Report any maintenance issues to appropriate managers.
• Aid in keeping track of items used in the Adoption Center such as hay, pellets, greens, etc. and arrange for ordering of these supplies under the supervision of the Executive Director.
• Maintain and adhere to on-going Adoption Center protocols and SDHRS standard operating procedures.
• Provide Daily updates when on duty via email to staff (format and template will be provided).
• Maintain a positive, respectful role, promote and exemplify Adoption Center values and represent SDHRS objectives and mission statement to customers and volunteers.
• Follow up on complaints, questions, and concerns; respond to customer and volunteer needs in a friendly, timely and efficient manner or refer to Team Leaders or Executive Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required to Perform the Job
Ability to problem-solve, multi-task and have excellent organizational skills. Familiarity with Microsoft computer programs. Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Physical Job Requirements
Note: The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to lift and carry up to and including 50 pounds. Stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending and/or reaching to access product or to clean; walking to various areas in the Adoption Center; comfortable in communicating information with the general public.
“Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of Chapter Managers, formally or informally, in either verbal or written form.”
Interested in this position? Apply by sending a résumé and cover letter to email@example.com